It works as somewhat of a spider web, or digital mesh fabric, where the network is distributed throughout the house – as opposed to one router trying to send a signal everywhere.
- Mesh technology is often the best way to expand your WiFi connectivity in a large house. It’s also great for obscurely located rooms – or your yard.
- This system comes with a base router and two mesh points.
- The touchscreen display works similar to smart home technology – i.e it’s much easier to handle than your average router configuration.
- The router system can reach up to 10,000 feet.
- The mesh points are small and easy to hide.
- You receive a beautiful mobile app for setting up your mesh network and completing things like parental controls and remote access.
- A mesh network like this one is typically one of the most expensive options for getting WiFi in your home or office.
- Mesh systems are great for expanding the reach of your signal, but heavy internet users may want more in terms of speed and data transfer.
Is this the best WiFi router for you? 🧐
As with most mesh routers, the point of the AmpliFi HD router is to provide WiFi for large spaces. So, if you own a large house or office with lots of rooms and connected devices scattered throughout, this is the right router system for you.
In general, I would recommend a mesh router if you notice consistent dead zones in certain areas of your building. A house that’s bigger than 3,000 feet will most likely need some sort of a mesh router. It’s also common to see dead spots in an apartment with a unique layout. For instance, multiple stories, thick brick walls, and basements or housing add-ons can all experience these WiFi dead zones.
Which is the best WiFi router for you?
The tough thing about finding the best WiFi router is that there are so many options to choose from. Not only that, but it’s difficult to understand the technology. In addition, the tech changes all the time.