Taking the above into account, here are the best reseller hosting providers in the market currently:
🤝 Best reseller hosting providers compared
Here are the hosts that have made the top five:
- SiteGround (www.siteground.com)
- InMotion Hosting (www.inmotionhosting.com)
- Flywheel (getflywheel.com)
- Liquid Web (www.liquidweb.com)
- Bluehost (www.bluehost.com)
Here’s what makes each one a great reseller hosting provider:
1. SiteGround (www.siteground.com)
SiteGround hosting is ideal for web designers and developers looking to host their clients’ websites on a long term basis. As a hosting provider, SiteGround has much to offer, including four server locations around the globe, access to Cloudflare CDN, advanced security, and a track record of 99.99%-100% uptime (according to our tests). But what about reseller features? Let’s take a look:
- Easy management – All reseller tools can be accessed from one dashboard, enabling easy management of all hosting accounts.
- One-click account launch – Resellers will find account set up for new clients extremely quick and easy with SiteGround’s one-click account launch feature.
- Account features – Every user receives 10GB of web space, unlimited bandwidth, FTP accounts, and MySQL databases, as well as free email accounts and daily backups.
- White label options – SiteGround provides non-branded cPanels, enabling resellers to brand their own hosting service.
- 24/7 reseller support – SiteGround experts are available around the clock to provide technical support to the reseller.
SiteGround enables resellers to purchase plans (credits) in small numbers. That said, due to the nature of SiteGround’s credit scheme, you need to purchase a minimum of five credits to begin with, which will cost you an initial output of $225. However, SiteGround allows you to purchase as many hosting plans and domains as you have clients, so you can scale your hosting service as your business grows.
Overall, one credit is $42.00. You need that one credit for one activation.
2. InMotion Hosting (www.inmotionhosting.com)
InMotion Hosting offers a wide range of reseller plans and features. So whatever your reseller hosting needs are, there will be something that works for you. InMotion Hosting has servers located on the east and west coasts of the US, top security features are provided by Correro and Patchman alongside daily backups, and uptime is at around 99.98%-99.99%.
Now, let’s check out some of the reseller features (these are available on all plans):
- Account management – InMotion Hosting provides access to WHMCS, enabling you to automate management, billing, and support for your clients from one central dashboard. You can also easily manage your clients’ accounts via SSH, private unbranded nameservers, and unlimited FTP accounts.
- Domains – InMotion Hosting allows resellers an unlimited number of domains for free, as well as add-on, sub, and parked domains. All plans come with a free eNom domain reseller account, allowing you to register top-level domains for your customers.
- Customer resources – Resellers have complete control over the amount of resources each client receives. You can assign as much disk space, bandwidth, domains, etc., as you wish, limited only by your own reseller package resources.
- White label – The anonymous name servers and unlimited cPanels that can be custom branded mean that you can easily brand your hosting service and provide your own custom hosting packages for your clients.
- Support – 24/7 support is provided to the reseller, via email, live chat, and phone. However, as the reseller, you are responsible for providing support to your customers.
Resellers can choose from one of six plans, with shared hosting starting at just $13.99 a month, and packages using virtual private servers from $41.64 a month. Disk space, bandwidth, and the number of IP addresses provided are all plan dependent.
3. Flywheel (getflywheel.com)
Another in our collection of best reseller hosting providers is Flywheel. This managed WordPress hosting solution provides a reseller program that is a perfect fit with agencies wanting to offer WordPress hosting as part of their services. Flywheel will take care of your clients’ WordPress updates, backups, caching and malware monitoring. All client websites are also hosted on VPS, and you can select from seven server locations.
Here are Flywheel’s other top features:
- Simple dashboard – Say goodbye to cPannel, as Flywheel uses its own custom dashboard. Access all your clients’ website hosting settings and stats via this purpose-built all-in-one management system.
- White label – You can easily white label the Flywheel dashboard so that all client-facing material displays your branding. Upload your logo and select your color scheme, so your clients will never know you are using Flywheel hosting.
- Automated payments – Clients can set up automated subscription payments via your dashboard (using Stripe). Flywheel will then send out automated billing emails using your branding.
- Free SSL certificates – All websites get a free SSL certificate from Flywheel, helping to keep them safe and secure.
- Support – A team of experts is ready to help you with any issue or question, enabling you to provide top support to your clients.
To take advantage of the Flywheel reseller program, you will need to sign up with one of the Flywheel Bulk plans. Prices start at $92 a month, which translates into up to ten sites and includes 40GB disk and 4TB bandwidth. You can then divide the resources as appropriate, creating your own custom services and prices.
4. Liquid Web (www.liquidweb.com)
Liquid Web is a managed hosting company that offers an impressive selection of reseller options, including dedicated servers and VPS, as well as cloud-based hosting. Liquid Web also offers servers in one EU zone and two US zones, CloudFlare CDN, DDoS protection, and 100% uptime.
Here are the top features for resellers:
- Custom plans – Create your own custom plans to sell. Divide up the resources, select services and add-ons, and choose features to fit with your clients’ needs.
- White label – Whatever plan you choose, you will be able to white label your service. Brand your clients’ dashboards, or make customizations within WHMCS to ensure your customers receive a fully branded service.
- WHMCS – Oversee every aspect of your hosting service from just one interface. Manage accounts, generate professional invoices, provide comprehensive support, automate emails, and much more. Liquid Web has also created its own WHMCS plugin for selling cloud products.
- SSL certificates – Liquid Web offers free standard SSL certificates to ensure your customers are protected.
- Support – Liquid Web is known for its first class customer support. Whatever the question, the reseller can contact the support team 24/7.
As mentioned, Liquid Web provides numerous reseller plans and options, with prices starting at $99 a month. However, you will need to apply to their reseller program to qualify to sell any of their services or products. You will also need to have hosting with Liquid Web to receive the WHMCS benefits.
5. Bluehost (www.bluehost.com)
Last but not least in this collection of the best reseller hosting providers is Bluehost, which offers its reseller hosting packages via ResellerClub. The companies announced their partnership back in 2014 when Bluehost first recommended ResellerClub as the perfect place for all your reseller hosting needs.
Let’s take a look at the features that ResellerClub offers:
- Four reseller hosting plans – ResellerClub has four plans for resellers to choose from. Prices start from $10.99 including 40GB of disk space and 800GB of data transfer. At the other end of the scale, the top plan for $25.49 a month offers 200GB of disk space and 4,000GB of data transfer.
- Flexible plans – Resellers can create an unlimited number of websites and distribute the resources of their plan in any way they want. This enables you to create custom hosting plans and pricing for your customers.
- WHM and WHMCS – Easily create, manage, and administer web hosting accounts and plans via WHM to suit your customers’ needs. WHMCS is also available for resellers on the top three ResellerClub plans – enabling you to easily automate billing, ticket support, and other client management functions.
- White label – The control panel provided by ResellerClub is fully customizable and can be branded to suit your style.
- Support – Resellers are the first line of support for their clients. You can then contact the 24/7 support team via phone, email, or live chat, to discuss any issues your customers may have.
Other features include CloudFlare CDN, unlimited email accounts, access to 400+ Softaculous apps, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🏆 Final thoughts on the best reseller hosting providers
As you can see, this list of the top reseller hosting providers has some impressive solutions to select from. However, the reseller provider you choose should be solely based on the needs of your business and clients. Before committing to a reseller program, do your research, read reviews, and speak directly to the hosting providers. This will help ensure you pick a reseller hosting provider that is the best fit with your business.
That being said, if you’re a new player in the game of hosting reselling, you’ll probably do well with SiteGround. First off, their hosting packages have been known for their top quality and great support, so you can be sure that your clients will be well taken care of. Apart from that, the pricing model of SiteGround’s reseller plans is very clear, so you can easily estimate what it’s going to cost you and how much you’ll earn reselling.
Any of these top reseller hosting providers appeal to you? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.